University, MS, US, 38677
Definition of Class
Location: Remote/Virtual Position
Department: Mississippi Small Business Development Center (MS-SBDC)
Employee Designation: Student
Salary: $7.40 per hour
Expected Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date/Anticipated End Date: February 15, 2021 – September 30, 2021 (Position may be extended based on availability of grant funds)
Overview of the Position:
The Mississippi Small Business Development Center is the main source of technical and managerial assistance for small businesses in the United States. The mission of an SBDC is to promote growth, innovation, productivity and revenue for small businesses through improvements to their business administration.
MS-SBDC is seeking a creative, thorough, and detail-oriented writer who is committed to consistently providing quality work for our organization’s needs. In this role, you will assist in scripting necessary content for our network and help brainstorm new content ideas. Must be able to self-edit work, change written tone with ease, complete projects on time, and write effectively for multiple formats.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Create compelling, innovative, entertaining, and educational written content
• Consistently deliver compelling work that enhances our company message
• Write for a multitude of formats and across different mobile and print platforms
• Work to outlined expectations and requirements established in project brief
• Write in accordance with specified format, tone, and brand voice
• Self-edit work for spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors before initial submission
• Revise work based on feedback and line notes received from editor
• Research intended topic thoroughly to gain vital background information
• Conduct interviews with relevant persons to further gain knowledge on a given topic
• Confirm accuracy of work according to factual evidence
• Cite all material used for research and/or direct quotations
• Ensure all written work is authentic and original
• Assist in distribution of completed work
• Always meet established deadline
• Current student in English or School of Journalism, sophomore classification or above
• Must have reliable Internet Access
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
Writing sample (500-750 words)
Please merge these three documents into one file and upload in the resume and/or cover letter slot.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.