The Post and Courier, a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner and five-time finalist, seeks a reporter to cover Spartanburg, S.C.
At a time when newspapers across the country are scaling back, The Post and Courier recently hired six reporters and editors to launch a newsroom in the Upstate region. Now we are adding a seventh journalist to that team, based in Spartanburg and dedicated to further growing The Post and Courier’s expanding statewide network
Locally owned and operated for decades, The Post and Courier has a large, robust newsroom that makes public officials tremble. Recent investments have equipped us with the all of the digital tools and strategies that will make a news organization successful well into the future.
Corporate consolidation and hedge fund ownership have pushed too many news organizations toward damaging shifts in the traditional journalism paradigm. At The Post and Courier, we deeply value our relationship with our readers, and we believe that investing in our journalism will lead to more readers and more revenue.
We are looking for a local reporter with a start-up mentality and demonstrated ability to find unique, interesting stories. Experience covering business, growth and development or local government will be valued.All candidates should have the following attributes:
· Demonstrated ability to produce journalism of the highest caliber.
· Deep understanding of digital media and a start-up mentality, work ethic and energy.
· A competitive spirit and drive to take on traditional competitors in the market.
· Ability to work toward specific digital audience goals, including paid digital subscribers.
· Willingness to be deeply involved in the community, attending key community events and gatherings and building meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
If you think you fit the bill, send a resume and a cover letter to Post and Courier Greenville Managing Editor Ryan Gilchrest at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Post and Courier is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer.