The Office of Broadband Expansion and Accessibility of Mississippi (BEAM) – a small, fast-paced state agency focused on expanding internet to the unserved and underserved communities in our state – is looking for a self-motivated individual to intern for the Fall 2022 semester.
The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and with senior leadership. This intern should be prepared to work in a cooperative work environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of public relations and communications.
General duties of the intern include but are not limited to assisting BEAM staff with:
- Draft email newsletters in Constant Contact
- Utilize Canva and/or Adobe Photoshop to create and edit images for social media
- Monitor all forms of media
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Write press releases and other materials
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Assist with other projects within the office as they arise.
- Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Graphic Design major
- Some knowledge of web design preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of social media
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Practical public relations and communications experience
- Opportunity to participate in networking events agency meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Stipend provided
If interested, please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2, 2022.