The Post and Courier, a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner and five-time finalist, is adding a reporter to its new newsroom in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
At a time when newspapers across the country are scaling back, The Post and Courier has hired reporters and editors to provide the kind of quality news and information the Myrtle Beach community deserves. We are already seeing that investment pay with explosive growth in new readers and new subscribers.
Locally owned and operated for decades, The Post and Courier has a large, robust newsroom that makes public officials tremble. Recent investments have equipped us with the all of the digital tools and strategies that will make a news organization successful well into the future.
Corporate consolidation and hedge fund ownership have pushed too many news organizations toward damaging shifts in the traditional journalism paradigm. At The Post and Courier, we deeply value our relationship with our readers, and we believe in the old-school idea that investing in our journalism will lead to more readers and more revenue.
We are looking for the following positions in this new newsroom:
- A news reporter to cover critical news topics of need in the Myrtle Beach market. Experience covering business, growth and development, local government and local schools will be valued. Experience in the market is a significant plus.
All candidate should have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to produce journalism of the highest caliber.
- Deep understanding of digital media and a start-up mentality, work ethic and energy.
- A competitive spirit and drive to take on traditional competitors in the market.
- Ability to work toward specific digital audience goals, including paid digital subscribers.
- Willingness to be deeply involved in the community, attending key community events and gatherings and building meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
If you think you fit the bill, send a resume and a cover letter to Post and Courier Columbia/Myrtle Beach Managing Editor Andy Shain at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Post and Courier is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer.