This position manages the communication and marketing services for a School or College. The incumbent provides guidance and direction for advancing the mission and vision of the School or College through the development and implementation of communications, marketing and multi-media strategies; creates and implements marketing campaigns and multi-media strategies for enhancing student recruitment, alumni involvement, donor giving, and the promotion of academic programs, centers and specialized initiatives.
Examples of Work Performed
- Manages daily administration and functional duties in relation to communication and marketing.
- Meets with school leadership, advises, collaborates and consults with departments and schools/colleges regarding communications, public relations, marketing issues and directives.
- Maintains a current understanding and expertise, related to emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in social media and communicates knowledge clearly to others.
- Provides supervision and guidance to freelancer workers, student ambassadors, media interns, graduate assistants and student workers.
- Develops content for the Web and the production of newsletters, videos, brochures, posters, invitations, programs, and various advertising initiatives for the School or College and its academic programs and centers.
- Designs strategic concepts, tone, rationale and messages for use in the promotion of the School or College.
- Creates marketing, public relations and advertising copy for publications and for use on the Web and by external media outlets.
- Determines overall design, visual, aural and language content of all publication and media productions for the School or College.
- Assigns projects, resolves issues that may arise, and approves final work product to meet departmental specifications.
- Conceptualizes and edits professional printed and/or electronic materials, websites, and publications.
- Serves as a liaison between the University and media representatives at the state, regional, and national levels by providing timely responses to requests for information and initiating stories in appropriate media.
- Develops original news and feature stories to generate support for the School.
- Cultivates support for the School or College by assisting in implementing special events/projects and programs to generate media interest, fund-raising support, and public recognition.
- Oversees management and maintenance of the School/College website and social media content.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.