DEPARTMENT: Communications and Impact
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications and Impact SUPERVISOR: No
AS OF: 7/1/2021
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Part Time STATUS: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to support the public awareness of the mission and services of Woodward Hines Education Foundation and its Get2College program. This position develops, produces, and distributes promotional and collateral materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with creation of short videos and print publications content for WHEF and Get2College.
- Maintains consistent corporate image with the coordination and development of all production, and distribution of promotional and informational materials to support the foundation and its programs.
- Supports all print needs for WHEF and Get2College.
- Coordinates production of branded promotional items.
- Creates PowerPoint templates for presentations as needed.
- Organizes photos and logos for easy access.
- Develops and champions a solid understanding of the Foundation’s core values and purposes in order to act as an ambassador of the Foundation
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, business, graphic design or related field.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and develop project timelines and associated tasks to be completed.
- Experience in a role requiring collaboration within an organization, as well as demonstrates the ability to work
with efficiency and diplomacy.
- Experience in or willingness to learn about the fields of college access and success.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and is able to provide proof of insurability.
- Highly ethical and committed to the values and core values of the Foundation.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Extensive working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign and lllustrator)
- Ability to communicate effectively via social media.
- Ability to manage website and social media content.
- Strong working knowledge of graphic design, copywriting and editing skills, and video production.
- Proficiency at operating standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems, programs and application.
- Develops project plans and follows through completing projects on time.
- Possesses the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly views objects at a distance and uses depth perception while driving an automobile.
- Regularly views information on a computer monitor and paper documents at close distances.
- Regularly will work in a climate-controlled office environment.
Graphic Designer/Multimedia Specialist
- Regularly moves about.
- Regularly uses hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Regularly is required to listen to clients in order to interpret needs.
- Frequently sits for a long period of time while working at desk.
- Frequently communicates verbally with both internal and external parties.
- Occasionally lifts up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally stoops and bends to reach low-lying/floor level technical equipment.
Occasional statewide travel during and outside of normal business hours. Occasional overnight trips and/or weekend events.
OUR VISION AND MISSION:
In order for our foundation to succeed, all our positions and the people who occupy them are bound by our mission and driven by our vision.
The mission of Woodward Hines Education Foundation is to help more Mississippians obtain postsecondary credentials, college certificates, and degrees that lead to meaningful employment.
We envision a Mississippi where all people can secure the training and education beyond high school that will allow them to enhance their quality of life, strengthen their communities, and contribute to a vibrant and prosperous future for our state.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.