About Splinter Creek
Splinter Creek is a privately-owned residential community located in Taylor, MS. Originally purchased as a timber investment by the founding family, the untouched beauty and character of property was later discovered and the family exchanged their initial plans for those that include exploring the forests and lakes of Splinter Creek and recharging with community neighbors.
Designed by a handful of creative partners, including New York’s Lang Architecture and Texas’ Lake Flato, Splinter Creek aims to be a model of environmentally sensitive and sustainable living. Encouraging residents to build lightly on the land, the property features spacious lakeside homesites that blend seamlessly into nearly 650 acres of rolling pine forest, lakes, and wetlands.
About the Candidate
Splinter Creek is currently seeking a self-motivated, creative, organized student to serve as a Digital Media Intern for the summer (May – August 2024). Ideally, candidates will have 1-2 years of work experience, strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills, and a passion for all things social and digital media.
- 1-2 years of relevant social media experience
- Excitement for all things social media — you love exploring channels, finding the right content for the right space, and feel passionate about photography and writing
- Knowledgeable and curious about the latest social media news, influencers, channels, trends, and tools
- Ability to interpret data, metrics, and analytics and use it to inform strategy and best practices
- Experience working with Planoly, Google Analytics, Adobe Suite, and Facebook Ads Manager a plus, but not required.
About the Job
The Digital Media Intern plays an important role in supporting the marketing team by planning and executing social media campaigns, writing social media copy, managing social accounts, and shooting and editing photos in a timely and high-quality manner. Digital Media Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with business goals
- Setting specific objectives and reporting on ROI
- Draft, edit, and manage social media calendars and content on behalf of Splinter Creek
- Work closely with the Splinter Creek Developer to ensure messaging and brand voice is consistent across all channels and materials
- Implement and tracks social media campaigns, and monitor campaign analytics
- Support Splinter Creek through establishing thoughtful social media strategy, content creation, audience development, and social community management
- Socially media savvy, with an eye for engaging content and strong copy
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Team player and problem solver
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Professional demeanor
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive and self-motivated
Education: currently acquiring Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, or another relevant field
Experience: 1-2 years of digital media experience, ideally working on social for a brand, property, restaurant, or related field
Location: This would be a remote position but would require onsite visits to capture relevant photos.
To apply for the Digital Media Intern position at Splinter Creek, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We accept applications on a rolling basis and will contact you if your application is a potential match for our team.