DEPARTMENT: Communications and Impact
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications and Impact SUPERVISOR: No
AS OF: 07/01/21 CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time STATUS: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to support the communications efforts of the Woodward Hines Education Foundation and its Get2College program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the marketing and public awareness efforts of WHEF and the Get2College program.
- Creates and maintains departmental calendar for organizational communications projects.
- Supports ongoing and special events by assisting staff members with administrative tasks including the
assembly of binders/folders, and event set-up and breakdown.
- Provides support to the Get2College social media team, when needed.
- Serves as liaison with contractors to produce branded items, publications, and photo and video assets.
- Assists with updating the WHEF website including writing blogs and posting news.
- Provides support to the staff member overseeing the Get2College website, when needed.
- Works with the Get2College staff to develop and maintain a communications flow for students, parents,
counselors, superintendents, and partners by maintaining timelines and mailing lists.
- Assists with creating newsletters for internal and external constituents including staff and board newsletters.
- Works directly with students with the goal of lifting up the voice of Mississippi students.
- Gathers student stories to be included in WHEF publications and on WHEF channels.
- Develops and champions a solid understanding of the Foundation’s core values and purposes in order to act as
an ambassador of the Foundation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Undergraduate degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field. Other comparable education and experience combinations will be considered.
- Ability to work independently and develop project timelines and associated tasks to be completed.
- Experience in a role requiring collaboration within an organization and with diverse constituencies, as well as,
demonstrates the ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and time management skills including the ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present clear and accurate information to small and large groups of various populations.
- Interest in or willingness to learn about the fields of college access and success.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and is able to provide proof of insurability.
- Highly ethical and committed to the values of the Foundation.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to communicate via social media.
- Knowledge of project management processes and software.
- Proficiency at operating standard office equipment.
Communications and Impact Project Manager
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems and programs.
- Develops project plans and follows through completing projects on time.
- Possesses the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly views objects at a distance and uses depth perception while driving an automobile.
- Regularly views information on a computer monitor and paper documents at close distances.
- Regularly will work in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Regularly moves about.
- Regularly uses hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Frequently sits for a long period of time while working at desk.
- Frequently communicates verbally with both internal and external parties.
- Occasionally lifts up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally stoops and bends to reach low-lying/floor level technical equipment.
Occasional statewide travel during and outside of normal business hours. Occasional overnight trips and/or weekend events. Occasional out of state travel may be required.
OUR VISION AND MISSION:
In order for our foundation to succeed, all our positions and the people who occupy them are bound by our mission and driven by our vision.
The mission of Woodward Hines Education Foundation is to help more Mississippians obtain postsecondary credentials, college certificates, and degrees that lead to meaningful employment.
We envision a Mississippi where all people can secure the training and education beyond high school that will allow them to enhance their quality of life, strengthen their communities, and contribute to a vibrant and prosperous future for our state.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.