About Gray Television: Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Since 1960, KEYC-TV/KMNF-LD, a CBS, CW, FOX and NBC affiliated media company, has succeeded with a culture that values skills, encourages creativity and fosters professional growth. Enjoy all four seasons in the booming Greater Mankato metropolitan area. The friendly, welcoming region is a happy mix of city and country living. We broadcast more than 22 hours of local news, weather and sports each week and maintain the most highly visited social media sites in southern Minnesota.
KEYC News Now is looking for a morning multi-media journalist who can also help produce the newscast. We want someone who can connect with the community, understand quality storytelling and is able to gather their own content. The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under a deadline. You will be responsible for shooting, writing, voicing and editing stories for television and internet. Live reports will also be expected. You should also be skilled in social media and online news production. Time management skills are a must. The ideal candidate can handle feature stories one day, and report on breaking news the next. You must be able to carry 35 to 45 pounds of equipment. A valid driver’s license as well as a safe driving record is necessary. Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field of study required. You must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and deliver compelling news content by reporting daily news stories using ENG Equipment
- Use “Think like a viewer” mindset in covering local news, what will a viewer find relevant
- Edit video blending natural sound with field interviews and reporter track
- Write clear, concise news copy that is balanced
- Shoot video using station’s broadcast quality ENG Equipment
- Furnish a minimum of 3 story ideas on daily basis
- Use newsroom computer system to gather and write news stories
- Update station website and social media accounts throughout the day
- Adhere to station branding and promotion
- Adhere to safety rules and programs and assist in implementing new safety initiatives
- Other duties as requested by News Director and/or Assignment Manager
- Excellent writing skills, news judgment and ethics
- Driven to develop original news content
- Understands digital/social media platforms and strategy
- Produces content with urgency and immediacy
- Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
- Integrity, accountability, teamwork
- Broadcast journalism experience, media-related bachelor’s degree and clean driving record
Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.