The School of Engineering is searching for a communications specialist to produce quality content primarily targeted for student recruitment. This will be everything from creating visuals for web and social, writing for the web and assisting with emails for prospective students.
We’re looking for a student who can help:
- Write content and create graphics for the school’s websites and social channels (especially Instagram)
- Create student-focused emails and postcards to attract new students, and assist with ongoing mailings
- Develop collateral (posters, banners) for school events
- Take photos (and ideally 30-60 second videos) – events, engineering students in action – for use on web, email and social (including YouTube)
This is for the 2022-23 school year. If possible, we’d like the student to provide remote assistance over the summer but this is not required.
- Excellent design skills – preferably with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent writing skills
- Good photography skills
- Good video skills
- Organized and detail-oriented are essential.
- Two semester duration, preferred
- 8-10 hours a week, with the potential to increase hours (if approved by the school)
- Hours recorded accurately and in timely manner
- Three visual samples – graphics, photos or videos
- Two writing samples – ideally long form and for social media