The Office of Marketing and Communications at the University of Mississippi is looking for a junior or senior from the School of Journalism & New Media to bring video journalism skills and capabilities to the News & Media Relations function of our office for the Spring semester. This person will gain experience capturing and editing b-roll and interviews, contributing to our weekly editorial meetings, and assisting on other video projects.
- Review and identify news stories with high visual potential.
- Plan and strategize b-roll and interviews that will be relevant to targeted media outlets.
- Capture video for a range of stories including features, events and discussions with subject matter experts.
- Edit on deadline.
- Assist in developing new story ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Using a camera for video journalism purposes.
- Video editing.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to work under tight deadline.
- Understanding of how visual elements play into a news story.
- No more than 12 hours per week.
- Attendance at weekly editorial meetings.
- The position will pay $10.50/hour.
- Record hours worked accurately and in a timely manner.
• :30-:60 reel
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.