WTVA is looking to hire a multimedia journalist to work at one of the top small-market television stations in the country.
We are in Northeast Mississippi, and we are the leading broadcast newsroom in the Tupelo-Columbus, Mississippi, market. Our station is an NBC and ABC affiliate owned by Allen Media Broadcasting that produces 52 hours of news every week. We also provide services for Coastal Broadcasting, the area’s Fox affiliate. This is the perfect opportunity if you are looking for that first job out of college or if you are working behind the scenes in a larger market seeking an opportunity to get on the air.
Our multimedia journalists must be able to find stories, turn them on tight deadlines and go live on location. They must be able to shoot, write and edit their stories, then share them with our viewers on air as well as online. In addition, they should have anchor potential. Since we do a lot of newscasts, we have plenty of opportunities for multimedia journalists to possibly add anchor duties.
We believe our newsroom is the perfect place to develop your career. Our station invests in coaching our employees. Whether you want to move to a larger market or move closer to home, we can help you get there.
- Must have a four-year college or university degree and/or previous experience in a television, radio, print or online newsroom.
- Must undergo a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law.
- Must be a licensed driver and insurable for a motor vehicle.
- Must undergo a writing and/or current events test.
To apply, email or mail a video with reporting samples, a resume and how you found out about this job to:
P.O. Box 320
Tupelo, MS 38802-0320