The Instructional Designer Intern will be responsible for creating high quality, engaging and innovative learning solutions for professional enrichment of Brasfield & Gorrie Employees
- Assist in the development, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of SCORM based eLearning content
- Contribute to improving how we design learning experiences and learn about professional practices and emerging trends in the fields of instructional design, learning experience design, and user experience design
- Recommend and deploy engaging and interactive learning solutions
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify training needs
- Create content that aligns with organizational and departmental goals
- Applies advanced adult learning theories into practical application
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance retention and adoption of learning objectives
- Devise modes of assessments, such as test or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
Education – Skills – Knowledge – Qualifications & Experience
- Coursework towards a bachelor’s degree or above any of the following disciplines: Education Technology, Instructional Design/Technology, Adult Education, Visual Communications, or equivalent studies is required
- Experience in using rapid eLearning tools (Articulate 360, Camtasia, Vyond, Audacity, SnagIt, etc.) to develop interactive and engaging eLearning courses preferred
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications to develop training support materials
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Experience in multimedia production (A/V work, deck templates, infographics, animations, etc.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Effective Communicator: Ability to listen to others as well as relay information in a way that is successfully delivered, received, and understood.
- Project Management: Able to successfully plan and manage projects from beginning through completion.
- Self-Sufficient: Works independently and needs little or no direction or support from others to achieve goals and/or produce results.
- Relationship-Builder: Creates strong, positive relationships based on trust, mutual respect, open communication, and shared goals
This is a full-time summer internship in our Birmingham office.