The Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications has the district-wide responsibility for developing and implementing the long-term marketing and communication vision for Northwest’s brand, which promotes its unique position in the marketplace. Responsibilities include planning, development, and implementation of all Northwest marketing strategies and communications. Oversees the development of a variety of print and electronic media efforts, is responsible for providing accurate information through college publications, and for serving as a liaison between the college and the news media. The director is also responsible for assisting in community and government relations efforts and in organizing special events.
- MA/MS/MBA degree with an emphasis in communication marketing, journalism, or a related field and three years of professional communication, marketing, journalism, or related experience.
- Or BA/BS degree with an emphasis in communication, marketing, journalism, or a related field and at least six years of professional communication, marketing, journalism, or related experience.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience.
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and values of Northwest Mississippi Community College.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will enhance the Northwest image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Lead a team to produce written, digital, audio, video, and social media content for the entire institution.
- Supervise the preparation and release of stories and/or photographs to local and regional media agencies.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, and production of college publications intended for the general public (i.e. Bulletin, newsletters, brochures, etc.), assuring the accuracy of all public information and the portrayal of a positive image of the college.
- Supervise the promotion of the college’s program of intercollegiate athletics to the media and the general public.
- Assist with arrangements and publicity for public events and ceremonies.
- Attend all regular meetings of the college’s Board of Trustees and the Board of Directors of the Northwest Foundation.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Associate Vice President of Community Relations and/or the President.