Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C. has an immediate opening for a Communications Coordinator in its Memphis office. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Firm’s Senior Public Relations Manager and will be responsible for collaborating with the Senior Public Relations Manager in the implementation of the Firm’s public relations strategy and with the Firm’s Proposal Specialist in attorney credentialing initiatives, as well as provide general communications support to the entire Marketing and Business Development Department.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Writing press releases and managing their distribution; posting of press releases to the Baker Donelson website and coordinating the sharing of press releases on social media with the Firm’s Digital Marketing Strategist.
- Proofreading, writing and general communications support for all external-facing materials developed by the MBD Department
- Logistical support in managing the Firm’s attorney credentialing initiatives, including Best Lawyers, Chambers USA, and Super Lawyers. This includes providing support during the nomination and research processes, management of survey submissions, overseeing data verification for selected attorneys, and management and maintenance of our internal attorney credentialing database
- Developing and maintaining internal resources that track credentialing opportunities, including databases of recognized practice groups and attorneys; a historical database of nominations and results; and a guide outlining credentialing opportunities, their methodologies and validity to identify those that are most credible and strategic for the Firm and our attorneys
- Logistical support for internal education and training efforts related to credentialing initiatives
- Managing and maintaining the Firm’s media contact database
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field
- One to three years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work within multiple deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
Must provide minimum authorization to work in the United States. Resumes only accepted for job posted.