Responsible for providing strategic media relations to drive participation and engagement in ALSAC fundraising and awareness campaigns for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Unlike other hospitals, the majority of funding for St. Jude comes from generous donors.
- Thorough knowledge of journalism and/or communications/public relations;
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations;
- Thorough knowledge of English spelling, grammar and usage;
- Ability to understand complex verbal or written instructions; excellent typing skills, news writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; news writing and editing knowledge;
- Photographic knowledge including how to take photos and how to recognize a powerful photo;
- Understanding how to build relationships with the media to secure coverage.
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field with at least 7 years of relevant experience in journalism, public relations and/or marketing communications. Experience in fundraising PR and financial communications is a plus.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
Benefits & PerksWe’re dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life’s special moments. We’re also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
- Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
- 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
- Exceptional Paid Time Off
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Infertility Treatment Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Enterprise Learning and Development
- And more